For my second Halloween mani, I was inspired by Tam from @ohmygoshpolish circa 2015.
Here is everything I used:
- Tonic Polish – Event Horizon
- UNT Peel of base coat
- Azure UV/LED Gel Base and Top Coat
- Born Pretty Luminous Candy Gel in BP-01
- Zoya naked manicure base coat
- PUEEN Nail Art Stamping Plate – Halloween Party 01
- Serendipity Polish
- Building my empire
- Orange county girl
- Seche Vive non uv gel top coat
On to the Nail Art:
- I began with a coat of Peel off base coat to my middle and ring fingers and let them dry for about 3 minutes.
- Then applied Zoya naked manicure base coat, 2 coats of Event Horizon, and Seche Vive gel top coat to the rest of the nails.
Once the peel of base coat was dry, I applied a coat of the Gel base coat and baked it.
- I then applied 2 coats of the Luminous Candy gel curing them after every coat for 1 minute. Then I applied some Vapid Latex barrier to control the mess I was about to create.
- Using a latex free sponge I did a small gradient of Orange county girl (orange) and building my empire (black) mid way on the nail, I want to keep the glow in the dark effect to the top of the nail, so I only covered half the nail with my gradient.
- Once that was dry I stamped on half of the creepy tree from the Pureen Halloween plate and applied them mirroring each other on the opposite nail.
- Using a stripping brush I created some grass shadows on the base of the nail over the gradient.
Then I turned off the lights!
I really love how this turned out, and I really love how the nail art looks like a creepy night at dusk.
Thanks for Reading